Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Concerning Tea


I may have a problem: I think I'm addicted to tea.
Some people drink too much coffee, I drink too much tea. Some people smoke pot, I drink tea.
I have to have a cup with at least every meal, and some in between too. I get carried away with all the different kinds of tea at the grocery store too, and, I admit, I'm a bit of an addiction snob. You know, when you're all like "Oh, you're addicted to (insert addiction)? Well I'm addicted to tea... mine's more refined, more regal. The queen of England drinks tea. My addiction can beat up your addiction. Yeah, feel ashamed." stuff like that. But there's no rehab for tea drinkers is there? Not that I know of. And thank God for that, because you couldn't make me go anyway! Ahem, sorry. I get a bit carried away sometimes.
Something I wonder about is how some people can go for a large chunk of their lives without ever drinking hot tea. It was brought to my attention recently that Jesse had never had hot tea. I, of course, instructed him to go make himself a cup ASAP! He told me that it was gross. I told him to add sugar. He said it was no longer gross... my day was complete.
It may be my mission in life to turn as many people onto tea as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment