Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mostly Books

This week we've pretty much finished moving into a new place(we move so very much). It's a little trailer across the street from where Jesse and I work, which is super handy. It didn't really feel real until I got the bookshelves up and we brought my books in.
I'm so very happy to have my books back. They've been packed up for a while now and I've missed them. There's just something so terribly comforting about having all my books where I can get to them.
Speaking of books, Jesse and I went to the Book And Music Exchange in Evansville on Monday and I got two new books while he was looking for games.
First I got Staying Fat For Sarah Byrnes, a book by Chris Crutcher. I'm reading that one now and I'm really liking it, so i'll do a review when I'm finished. Oh, by the way, I got it for $1.97!

Then I found Skin, by Ted Dekker. I haven't started on it yet but I thought it looked pretty good too and it was $4.95.

I like the Book And Music Exchange a lot. I've been saving all my change in a plastic jug, so one of these days I'll have to take it to the bank and get it changed into dollars(change isn't real money) and then go and get a bunch of cheap books! Oh just the idea sends my heart racing! I really really love books, and there's no better feeling than having exactly enough money to buy a book(that doesn't really have to do with anything, but it's true nonetheless).

Also I just remembered that I read Plucker the other day.
It's a creepy, weird, and kind of gross story about some toys trying to save the boy that owns them when he's attacked by a malevolent spirit. I enjoyed it, and I thought the art was really neat.

Anyway that's about it, I think. Mostly books, just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment