Thursday, August 25, 2011

Avocado(you delicious minx, you) and My New Obsession With Gala Darling

Oh avocado, you delicious minx, you.
This morning I was eating a veggie burger(which was phenomenal, by the way) and I decided to put some avocado on it too. I put on half an avocado(sliced) and it totally amped that baby up.
As I devoured my scrumptious sandwich, followed by the other half of the avocado by itself, I realized that I really really love avocados.
And what's not to love?! Avocados have vitamin K, folate, pyridoxine(vitamin B6), monounsaturated fats, lutein, , magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin E, pantothenic acid, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, and fiber!

Now, I don't know what most of that stuff is, but it sounds healthy!
AND! They're freakin good for your heart!

I just love finding out that a food I love is so good for me.

Anyway. A few days ago I read about a lady named Gala Darling at Brighid's House and, as I am wont to do, I have quickly become obsessed. It doesn't help that Gala Darling is an amazing, inspiring, kick-ass lady who is the kind of person I have always wished I could be.
Her Radical Self Love project is incredible and inspiring and something that I'm going to try and integrate into my life.
The concept of loving oneself is so simple, and so crucial, and yet we so often forget about it. I had for a long time.
We forget that if we don't love ourselves we not only make ourselves miserable, we also make it so much harder for anyone else to love us. 
And does the world really need less love?
I think not.
If I can remember to love myself, and spread that love to others, and add a little of that love, color, and fun to every day, I think I'll be able to count my life as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment