Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cleaning, and Paper Towns


So I've been cleaning a lot lately. It's not usually a thing I do, honestly, but Jesse just got a job so I'm by myself all day. Mostly I clean, read, sell stuff on Ebay, and blog. Cleaning is becoming oddly satisfying, and I think I'm doing a decent job, if it is going a bit slowly.
The Sims is wonderful, delightful, superb, brilliant, and awesome. I may be getting carried away. But whatever. The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval are things i've been playing much too much of.

ANYWHO.
I read Paper Towns the other day, which is a novel by John Green of Vlogbrothers. I feel like most people know what Vlogbrothers is, but if you don't, here it is: Vlogbrothers is a daily vlog done by two brothers(hence the name) named Hank and John Green. Hank is a musician, and John is a writer. They travel a lot and sometimes don't get to see each other for a while, which, I believe, is why they started Vlogbrothers in the first place. What they do is, one day Hank will make a vlog about his day, and they next day John will make one. So they know what each other is up to. It's pretty cool. They sometimes teach you stuff, about math and science and junk, but in a fun way.
What was I talking about?
Oh yes, I remember now. I sometimes get carried away.
I was saying that I read Paper Towns the other day, which was written by John.

It was awesome. It's about this guy named Quentin Jacobsen, who is visited in the middle of the night by his neighbor Margo Roth Spiegelman, dressed like a ninja. They go and exact revenge on a bunch of people who wronged Margo in some way, and then the next day Margo disappears.
  So Quentin and some of his friends(and one of Margo's friends) have to follow a bunch of clues, and then they start realizing that they really didn't know Margo at all, despite having known her pretty much all their lives.
It's really good. Now I have to go and get like everything else he's ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment