Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Poison Study and Magic Study

Righto.
So I've just recently read two books called Poison Study and Magic Study. As you can probably guess, they go together. They're both about this girl named Yelena, and set in the fictional countries of Ixia and Sitia.

Poison Study starts with Yelena imprisoned in a dungeon for murdering the son of this guy named Lord Brazell, who ran an orphanage type place where Yelena lived. The dungeon is in a castle owned by Commander Ambrose, who sort of runs Ixia.
So Yelena thinks she's going to die, because the punishment for murder in Ixia is hanging, but she gets a second chance when Commander Ambrose's head assassin Valek offers her the position of food taster for Commander Ambrose. This seems like a good deal, so she takes it.
After this she has to constantly thwart General Brazell's attempts at exacting justice upon her himself, stay away from a magician that keeps trying to kill her, figure out what's up with Commander Ambrose, and figure out how to escape before she ingests poison and dies.
I thought it was a pretty good book, I wasn't absolutely amazing, but I enjoyed it.



Magic Study is the next book. In it Yelena is reunited with her long lost family in Sitia, and has to stop a magician who is torturing and killing young girls.
I also liked Magic Study, it turned out to be pretty good as well.

There's a third book called Fire Study that I haven't read yet, so I'll have to do that. Also a spin-off series called "Glass". So very many books. I must read them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment