Friday, March 26, 2010

:::MAD LIBS interviews:::

getting to know our ladies in comedy:::getting to know all about them
by, WICF guest blogger: Brooke Connolly

Hello my name is: Comedian Lady Vain.
And, I'm a: Stand Up Comedian.
I'm performing at the Second Annual Women in Comedy Festival on March 24th, 2010 at ImprovBoston.
I got into comedy because: Inspirational and an honor to be able to make people laugh at my mishaps in my life and my points of view on things in life and I have: been a comedian since 1994 but I took 6 years off and then returned to doing stand-up comedy in 2007 and its been going okay but, it can get better.
When you see me you'll notice: that I am a full comedian, excuse me, full-figured comedian and straight forward. I will approach you if I have to. I enjoy having fun with the audience sometimes! i talk about true life experiences and that I like to talk about these things the most: because you never know what others are going through and you can actually shed light on a bad situation through talking about your issues in a comedic way! I use the stage and comedy to vent and let go and I hope I can help others to let go also.
When I think of being a: Woman in comedy, it makes me feel: like we can tell it our way for a change since the comedy business is saturated with so many men who talk about women in a negative light most of the time.
What keeps me up at night is: me stressing and stragizing about just how will I make my mark in this comedy business but for the most part, i write a lot and that keeps me up through the night because I have to write my thoghts down as they come to me and they come really fast!
And, what gets me out of bed in the morning is: my children and getting them ready for school.
If I hadn't chose the path of comedy, I would have been: at a regular office job getting yelled at for talking to much and not doing enough work in a day.
See you this week!, ________.
And you can see me anytime in the virtual world here,___________.

No comments:

Post a Comment