Wednesday, March 24, 2010

:::MAD LIBS interviews:::

getting to know our women in comedy:::getting to know all about them
by, WICF guest blogger: Brooke Connolly

Hello my name is: Linda Belt.
And, I'm a: stand-up comic.
I'm performing at the Second Annual Women in Comedy Festival on: Thursday, March 25th at 9:00 at Boston Improv.
I got into comedy because: I saw a very unfunny lady at an open mic and knew that even on my worst day I was funnier and I have: this continuous desire to stop being a pillar of my community. Holding up those pillars gets very tiresome never mind what it does to your back.
When you see me you'll notice: I smile a lot- even when I'm pissed off I manage to do it with the corners of my mouth turned up and that I like to talk about these things the most: my family, my dog, and my recent pole dancing class.
When I think of being a: woman in comedy, it makes me feel like: "I am Woman Hear me Roar" ( thank you Helen Reddy).
What keeps me up at night is: that damn peri-menopausal insomnia.
And, what gets me out of bed in the morning is: the fact that I have my health and the occasional tantrums of my 17 y.o. daughter having a hair emergency.
If I hadn't chose the path of comedy, I would have been: performing someway somehow.
See you this week!, Linda Belt.
And you can see me anytime in the virtual world here: http://www.lindabelt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment